Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bees

So I have decided that I need to start thinking about my next project as I wait for crops to grow. I started beekeeping last year and have decided to expand with two more hives this year. The bees are coming in on May 26th and with any luck will provide a great honey harvest this year. Last year unfortunatly the bees starved to death over the winter. They simply could not get a good enough store of honey with all the rain and what not that we had to make it. I tried feeding to help them out but once the temp drops below a certain point they simply won't go for it. Really hoping for better luck this year, one thing I think that is on my side is that these bees are raised here in Vermont. Where as the other bees I had purchased came from Georgia.
I'll keep track of how they do on here and lets all hope for a great bee year.

No comments:

Post a Comment